Hello and Welcome All!
Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Allie K. Adams author of The TREX SERIES.
Hi Allie, thank you for agreeing to this interview.
What do you do when you are not writing? I like to ride my quad (ATV) in the hills, stalk my fav peeps online, and play darts with the hubs. But none of those happen often enough anymore. I write when I first get up, then go to the stinkin’ day job (SDJ), then write until bed. Rarely am I not at my computer (aka no life <sigh>). ** I think all of us can relate to the no life feeling. I’m not as busy as you, but being a full time mom and blogger can be exhausting. **
How did you choose the genre you write in? I love to read romantic suspense, NA, YA, and thrillers. So that’s what I write. Oh, and I have to have my happily ever after. If I don’t get my HEA, I’m one cranky gal. ** Oh I’m a reader who needs her HEA **
Where do you get your ideas? Every one of my stories has some element of my life in them–well, except for the thriller… no, I’ve had my fair share of scares, so that one counts, too.
How much research do you do? A TON! If the book isn’t realistic or riddled with errors in the facts you’re building into your world, you lose the reader. I love the research almost as much as I love writing the story!
So, what have you written? Wow. This is a long list. You sure you want them all? ** Oh Yes Plz ** Okay, you asked for it… <ahem>
Allie K. Adams: “If you’re looking for non-stop, heart-racing action and sizzling romance, look no further. Allie K. Adams will take you there–and more!” –Bestselling author Lucy Monroe
TREX Romantic Suspense Series
- FIRST RESPONSE (TREX Brief) (TREX 1)
- RESCUE ME (TREX 2)
- BRACE FOR IMPACT (Brace 1)
- AT ANY COST (TREX 3)
- NO WAY OUT (TREX 4)
- SEEK AND DESTROY (TREX 5)
- UNDER THE COVERS (TREX6)
- TREX BOXED SET ONE (TREX 1-3)
Campus Players College-based NA Series
- GROOMING THE PLAYER (Campus Players 1)
- HIRING THE PLAYER (Campus Players 2)
- SCHOOLING THE PLAYER (Campus Players 3)
Murph & Grace Thriller Series
- I WILL FIND YOU (M&G 1)
Montana John’s Small Town Romance Trilogy
- UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT (MJ’s 1)
- HAPPY HOUR (MJ’s 2)
- GRAND OPENING (MJ’s 3)
Stand Alone Short Stories
- HAPPY NEW YEAR’S, EVE! – MF New Adult Romance Short Story.
- THE TROUBLE WITH LOVE – MF New Adult Romance Short Story.
Eve Adams: “If you like Lora Leigh, you’ll love Eve Adams!” –Bestselling author Jami Davenport
2009 – Siren-Bookstrand
- RIDING DOUBLE – Riding Series 2 – MFM Erotic Cowboy Romance.
- RIDING COWBOYS – Riding Series 3 – MFM Erotic Cowboy Romance – Recommended Read, nominated for Book of the Week.
- RIDING LESSONS – Tasty Treats Anthology, Volume 1 – MFM Erotic Cowboy Romance – Recommended Read.
2010 – Siren-Bookstrand
- BETWEEN THE COVERS – Covert Lovers 2 – MFM Erotic Romantic Suspense – Recommended Read, nominated for Book of the Week (rights return in 2015).
2011 – Siren-Bookstrand
- TRIO – Gideon’s Ring 1 – MFM Erotic Romantic Suspense (rights return 2016).
- TEMPTATION – Gideon’s Ring 2 – MFM Erotic Romantic Suspense (rights return 2016).
- SUSPICIOUS MINDS – MFM Erotic Historical Romantic Suspense – Recommended Read and nominated for Book of the Year by CAPA.
- PATIENCE IS THEIR VIRTUE – Brides of Bachelor Bay 3 – MFM Erotic Historical Romance – Recommended Read, nominated for Book of the Week.
2012 – Siren-Bookstrand
- THE BANISHED BRIDE – Brides of Bachelor Bay 5 – MFM Erotic Historical Romance – Recommended Read and nominated for Book of the Year by CAPA.
Jayden Knight: “I can’t give Dark Horse enough stars. Highly recommend!” –Goodreads Review
2012 – Siren-Bookstrand
- STIMULUST PACKAGE – Dark Horse 1 – MM Erotic Romantic Suspense
- LUSTFUL VENGEANCE – Dark Horse 2 – MM Erotic Romantic Suspense
- LUST & FOUND – Dark Horse 3 – MM Erotic Romantic Suspense
- LUST & LIES – Dark Horse 4 – MM Erotic Romantic Suspense
- LUST WE FORGET – Dark Horse 5 – MM Erotic Romantic Suspense
- LUST IN THE WIND – Dark Horse 6 – MM Erotic Romantic Suspense
** Dang I did ask for it! ^_^ Few that’s a long list. **
What project are you working on now? A Thriller I Will Find You that should be up for preorder this week.
What is the hardest thing about writing? For me, it’s finding enough time without distractions. Because I work, on average, 10 hours a day at the SDJ, every minute outside of that is dedicated to writing. But I also have a hubs, dogs, laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. It’s really tough trying to find the balance between it all. ** You are one busy women. **
What is the easiest thing about writing? The actual writing itself. When I’m in a scene, I can pound out the words wicked fast.
Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way whether growing up or as an adult? Linda Lael Miller inspired me to get into writing romance. Desire and Destiny is still one of my favorites. Anything by Tess Gerritsen, especially her Rizzoli & Isles books, inspired me to get into writing thrillers. For my NA & YA, the Twilight series were a big influence. ** Oh a women after my own heart. I loved Twilight. **
How do you relax? Write a love scene. 🙂 Or kill someone off in one of my books that deserved it. **LOL**
What is your favorite quote? I have two: “Live, laugh, love.” <–I used this in BRACE FOR IMPACT. Those 3 words are paramount to the plot. The second: “Dance like nobody’s watching; Sing like nobody’s listening; Love like you’ve never been hurt.”
Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why? Agatha Christie. How cool would it be to sit down and have a conversation with her about where she came up with the ideas for her mysteries? ** To be honest I don’t know who she is, but a quick google search will remedy that. **
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why? The Harry Potter series. Not only is it one of the highest grossing series of all time, the imagination and the way the characters became a part of my life… Brilliant writing. I want someone to say that about my books one day.
10 Quick Things About Allie K. Adams
Favorite Food? — Tater tot Casserole or Stroganoff
Favorite Color? –Yellow. It’s a happy color. 🙂
Favorite Movie or TV Show of all Time? –Pitch Perfect
Favorite Drink? –Pinot Noir, hands down. I also love spiking my monster energy drink with whiskey. Don’t judge.
Favorite Book? –Whichever one I’m working on. Though if Tess Gerritsen has a new one out, I can’t work on my own until I get through with hers.
Favorite Season? –Winter. I love snow. Lots and lots of snow.
Favorite Online Hangout? –I’m embarrassed to admit, but I’m a FB junkie.
Favorite Animal? –Does my husband count? I love my fur babies, but I seriously think my hubs should count as my fav animal.
Favorite Band or Musician? –I love Nickelback. That doesn’t brand me, does it? I also love Michael Buble and pretty much anything acapella.
Favorite Vacation Destination? –Even though I love winter, my fav vacay destination would have to be Tahiti. Did you know there’s no no deadly bugs, spiders, or snakes there? Now that’s my kind of vacay!
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
MORE ABOUT AUTHOR
Allie K. Adams is the bestselling author of several award-winning stories. An active member of the search and rescue, as well as previously served as a reserve deputy, Allie has firsthand experience in most of the dangers she writes about. Known for her highly erotic, deeply intense suspense romances, she can be found most days in front of her computer, saving the world one sizzling story at a time. She grew up in Seattle and now currently lives in southwest Montana with her husband, two kids, and two fluff ball dogs.
She loves to hear from readers and encourages them to reach out to her through her website at www.alliekadams.com.
Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alliekadams/
FB Author Page: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorAllieKAdams
Author Central: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00556YJ74
Hometown Heroes: Hotter Ever After (Pets for Vets Charity)
GRAVE DANGER by Golden Heart finalist Rachel Grant–An archaeologist digs up a murder victim in a Northwest archaeological site and must help the hunky local police chief solve the crime before she becomes the next victim.
EVEN HEROES CRY by Hildie McQueen–War widow Tesha Washington slowly draws Adam Ford out of the shell that used to be a man, and learns there really is such a thing as starting over.
TREX 2 Rescue Me