Culling The Heard of Books Part 1

Goodreads has been a godsend in keeping track of the books I want to read, what I’ve read, what I own, and what I liked. I decided to go through my Mountain of a TBR list and cull it out some. I’ve got books on their that I can’t remember why I put them on my list in the first place. I’ve also got all the books in a series on my list. With the series books; what I want to do is put only book one on it and once I read book one, then put book two on the list, and so on and so forth. If I decided I want to keep reading that series.

When I started this cull, My Goodreads TBR was 1275. At the end it’s down to 1194. I removed 84 books off my TBR. WOW!!

Claimed (Mate Seekers #1) by Elle Amour
Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters #4.5) by Jennifer Lyon
BloodSworn by Stacey Brutger
Hidden Dragons (Dragon Knights, #8) by Bianca D’Arc
Forbidden Embers (Dragon’s Heat #3) by Tessa Adams
Mark of the Sylph (Demons of Infernum) by Rosalie Lario (Books #2 – #4)
Bound (Eternal Guardians, #6) by Elisabeth Naughton
Tristan’s Lyceum Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #3) by Kym Grosso
Perfect Gravity (Wanted and Wired, #2) by Vivien Jackson
Hatched (Dragons of Preor, #6) by Celia Kyle – (Books #6 – #10)
Seduced by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #2) by Laura Kaye – (Book #2 – #3)
Hard Justice (Alpha Security, #3) by April Hunt
Shut Up And Kiss Me by Mahalia Levey
Rhapsody by Mahalia Levey
Hunter’s Moon (Moon, #2) by Lisa Kessler – (Books #2 – #8)
Jason & Cadence (The Wolf’s Mate #1) by R.E. Butler – (Books #1 – #7)
Walk On The Striped Side (Big Bad Bite, #2) by Jessie Lane – (Book #2, #3, & #4)
Alpha Knows Best (Southern Shifters, #3) by Eliza Gayle – (Book #3 – #6)
A MacKenzie Clan Gathering (MacKenzies & McBrides) by Jennifer Ashley – (Novellas #6.5 & #8.5)
Rebel Child aka “The Taming of the Vamp” (The Murdoch Vampires, #2) by Kate Eden
Falling Hard (Colorado High Country, #3) by Pamela Clare – (Books #3 & #4)
Black and Blue (Otherworld Assassin, #2) by Gena Showalter
Waking the Phoenix (Mythrian Realm #2) by Lindsay Avalon
Hard Run (Delta Force Brotherhood, #2) by Sheryl Nantus
The Darkest Promise (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – (Books #13 – #14)
Fury of Ice (Dragonfury, #2) by Coreene Callahan – (Books #2 – #6)
Tangled in Texas (Texas Rodeo #2) by Kari Lynn Dell – (Books #2 – #4)
Not His Werewolf (Not This, #2) by Annie Nicholas
Kiss Me Like You Mean It by Mahalia Levey
Pure Blooded (Jessica McClain, #5) by Amanda Carlson – (Books #5 – #6)

Do you go through your TBR list and cull it down or do you leave it alone?

March 28, 2018 12:05 pm

I do this every once in a while too. My TBR is down at 875 now, which is still ridiculous—but it’s been worse!

herding cats
March 16, 2018 11:07 am

I’ve got I think around 3300 on my tbr on Goodreads. lol Most are ones I own on ebook or print so I leave them there. About 500 are ‘need to get’ books. I tend to leave those for a while. I did delete all of them a few years back and start over, though. lol

March 15, 2018 7:18 pm

The only time I go thru my tbr is if I get book series box sets or if the the book was updated before I read it. Shared on all my socials!!

March 15, 2018 10:51 am

I need to go through my shelves. I pretty much just have the 3 main shelves except I added one for DNF. I want some more organization. I do try to only put book 1 of a series in my TBR. I’m finding I’m having problems with marking the wrong editions as read when another edition was marked Want to Read. I’m still trying to fix that. When I was working on it, I somehow managed to drop my 2017 number down below so now it looks like I didn’t complete my challenge. Bummer.

Northwomn
March 15, 2018 8:46 am

So by culling does that mean you won’t be reading these 84 books – you dropped them based on some criteria or others’ reviews? I have many Kindle freebies and read some each month. I am sometimes surprised later that something I got as a freebie a couple of years ago is now a hit or popular author. So I don’t do much if any culling. I do strictly organize so I read things in a better priority. Anne – Books of My Heart

SABINA EDWARDS
SABINA EDWARDS
March 15, 2018 8:19 am

uggg I add more and more LOL, but its because I see recommends from goodreads readers for what I’m currently reading and I love series!!

Debbie Haupt
Debbie Haupt
March 15, 2018 7:40 am

my tbr pile is actual and not virtual and I do cull it by donating to the library, nursing homes, friends and relatives.

Tammy V.
Tammy V.
March 15, 2018 7:00 am

Because it has gotten so huge (over 3,000) I’ve taken off anything older than 2.5 years. I’ve also stopped adding whole series or every book of an author I love. I know I will get to them. Basically I want to use it for ones I may forget like debuts or new to me authors.