Book Blogger Hop: Do you buy all your books?

I ran across the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week they have a new book related question you can answer. If you are interested in finding out more, the next weeks question, and/or participating then stop by the Book Blogger Hop page.

This weeks question asked for March 8th – 14th:

Do you buy all your books? If yes, do you keep it all? If no, where do you source them? (submitted by Angelica @ Paperback Princess)

No I don’t buy all my books! I do buy some, but most of my books these days come from my library or free eBooks off Amazon.

My library, well any library, is a fabulous place to pick up all kinds of books. If you can’t find it on their online search they may partner with other library’s and you can get it that way. My library partners and so, I can either find the book I’m looking for in one formate or another. If I want a particular formate and don’t find it, I’ll request that they purchase it or if after all my search I don’t find the book I’ll also ask them to buy. Really you can’t go wrong with your library.

Free eBooks. What can I say, I just click away when I find a book that looks or sounds interesting that is free. Usually it’s the first book in a series, so it gives me a chance to try out that author or series and deiced if I want to read on or not.

Last, I do get a few ARC’s, but I’ve pretty much just limited that to a few authors. When I started blogging I’d request a bunch and read them, but now I’m not so much into ARC’s. I’m a mood reader and if the mood doesn’t stick and I’ve got to read the book by a certain time, well then I’m stuck reading something I might not enjoy at that time. I like to have time to read and most ARC’s have a deadline. I want freedom to read when and what I want so, I’ve put ARC’s “mostly” behind me.

As for buying books. That is rare. I usually get the books I’ve already read that I know I’ll read again or books that I’ve wanted to read, but can’t get or find at my library. Though when I do buy books they are “always” on sale wither it’s audio, eBooks, or physical copies. The only time I pay the full prices is my three authors that are auto buy’s for me: Ilona Andrews (All their works), Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson series), and Juliette Cross (Vale of Stars series).

I’d love to hear from you!
Do you buy all your books?
If not where do you pick up the books you read?

Daily or Weekly Mail

April 1, 2019 8:08 am

Like you, I definitely DON’T buy all my books. I would be broke!! The library is a great resource, and of course I have ARCs. I only buy a small fraction of the books I read.

Malka @ Paper Procrastinators
March 27, 2019 7:58 am

I very, very rarely buy books. I just don’t have the budget for it. I mainly rely on my library, which is wonderful, and a part of a broad network of other libraries that I can get books from if my home library doesn’t have a book I want. I also get to be part of another library system where I go to school, although I mainly use that for ebooks only. Plus, I’ve started doing no rush shipping on Amazon when I order things which gives my a $1 digital credit, which i then use on ebooks I can’t… Read more »

Melanie Simmons
March 16, 2019 11:30 am

I do buy books, but not a huge number of them. I get a ton of audiobooks from publishers. I also get some eARCs from authors. Lastly, I get a bunch of books from the library. Mostly, I buy books that I can’t get from another method.

Sam@wlabb
March 13, 2019 11:11 am

I rarely buy books. Blogging has been a great way to support my reading habit, and I am lucky enough to have access to OverDrive and Hoopla through my library. I will buy certain books, but only ebooks…on sale.

Mary Kirkland
March 12, 2019 12:37 pm

I do grab a few freebies from Amazon when I see one that sounds good. I get a few from NetGalley also. I will buy some with the Amazon gift cards I win or cash out with points from survey sites. I don’t keep all of them. I live in a small place so I donate to the library a few times a year.

Melliane
March 12, 2019 9:13 am

Like you I don’t buy a lot of them but I buy some

March 12, 2019 7:48 am

I buy books only on sale, I get most from freebies and some giveaways and some arc’s as well and my library too!!! I give most of my books after reading to my library,so that others can enjoy to. Shared on my socials!💖😉

Bookworm Brandee
March 12, 2019 6:26 am

I love my library and use it quite a bit but I’m also a one-click addict (of free books) and I also buy books, either new or from my local used bookstores. I love seeing Juliette Cross being on your list of authors you buy. I love her too! And also Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs. I have several authors whose books I autobuy…sometimes in multiple formats. Yep, I’m an addict. LOL Thanks for sharing, Angela!

March 12, 2019 6:04 am

I have such a backlist of ARCs to read that I haven’t purchased a lot. I do purchase new for my home library, even if I’ve already read them. I just like to see them on my shelf. I always check my library first for titles I am wanting to read. But I never seem to find what I’m looking for when I want it and I’m not patient enough to order it.

Laura Thomas
March 12, 2019 5:03 am

I do grab some free off of Amazon. But I also buy a lot. I get them from Amazon and used book stores. I also get some free from authors and publishers.

Leonie Townsend
Leonie Townsend
March 12, 2019 2:15 am

I love free ebooks! I have a ridiculous amount of them and would probably never read them all in my lifetime 🙂 It has come in handy when an author has a new book and I check and realize I already have some in the series and start reading. I buy some of my favorites but my budget doesn’t always allow it. My absolute favorite is when authors discount their books. I always keep an eye out for these deals.