Culling The Herd of Books Part 5

This is Culling The Heard post #5. You can check out all the posts here! Goodreads has been a godsend in keeping track of the books I want to read, what I’ve read, what I own, and what I liked. This post is all about weeding out my Mountain of a TBR Pile.

When I started this culling, My Goodreads TBR was 853. At the end it’s down to 818. I removed 35 books off my TBR.

1. Men of Mercy (#2-#4) plus novellas
  2. Highland Devil (Murray Family, #22)
  3. Falling for the Werewolf by Abbie Zanders
  4. Lethal Lies (Blood Brothers, #2)
  5. Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires #12.5)
  6. Master of Darkness (Mageverse, #9)
  7. Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1)
  8. Switched (Trylle, #1)
  9. Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire (Love at Stake, #16)
  10. How to Seduce a Vampire (Love at Stake, #15)
  11. Witchin’ You’re A Dragon (Magick & Chaos, #3)
  12. EXIT Inc. (#2 – #3)
  13. My Sugar Daddy (The Sugar Daddies, #0.5)
  14. Primal Heat (Includes: Breeds, #8.5; Devlin Dynasty, #1; Moon Lust, #1)
  15. Breaking the Nexus (Mythrian Realm, #1)
  16. Warrior Unleashed by Lindsay Avalon
  17. Demon of Desire by Ari Thatcher
  18. Sexy Witches: The Complete Series by Charity Parkerson
  19. Omega Mine (Alpha and Omega, #1)
  20. Seduced By Magic (Magical Seduction, #1)
  21. Crimson Night (Night, #1)
  22. My Wolf King (Wolf Town Guardians, #1)
  23. Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)
  24. Valentine’s Day Sucks (Broken Heart, #10.5; Broken Arrow, #0.5)
  25. Captured (The Captive, #1)
  26. Last Chance Cowboys: The Outlaw (Where the Trail Ends, #3)
  27. I’m Dreaming of an Undead Christmas (Half-Moon Hollow, #2.7)
  28. Colorado Crime Scene (The Men of Search Team Seven #1)
  29. Falling for the Highlander (Highland Brides, #4)
  30. The Thief’s Gambit (Edge of Oblivion, #2) by Sarah Makela

Do you ever go through your TBR and remove books? or Do you keep everything you add on their?

Daily or Weekly Mail

April 14, 2019 6:48 pm

35 books is a nice culling! My TBR is always out of control. 🙂

herding cats
April 9, 2019 7:27 pm

Woo that is a lot of books gone. Some of them are on my favorites list. lol

Melanie Simmons
April 7, 2019 5:45 pm

I do remove some every now and then. I could probably do it more often.

Laura Thomas
April 6, 2019 9:26 pm

I do cull books from my Goodreads TBR. Especially if I have more than one book in a series on there. I need to go take a look at mine again. Been a while.

Anne - Books of My Heart
April 6, 2019 10:19 am

MY TBR is much larger and I don’t really care about trimming. You removed some on this list which I have read and enjoyed. If it works for you, that’s great

Mary Kirkland
April 6, 2019 10:09 am

I usually only add a few at a time and read them before I add more so my tbr pile isn’t real large.

April 6, 2019 6:55 am

I look at my TBR and get reminded of what I added then I don’t really take any off because I feel like I do want to read those books. I don’t normally add to it anymore though. I have only been putting the books on GR as I start reading them until I decide how to best control that GR TBR.

April 6, 2019 5:46 am

I am terrible about controlling my tbr pile!!!! I clean it up and say to myself that I won’t add anymore til I read some and then turn around and add more!!! Hi I’m Kat and I’m a book addict!! Lmfao!!!😉💋

Shared on my socials!! Have a awesome weekend ladies!💋💖

Kate Sarsfield
Kate Sarsfield
April 6, 2019 5:36 am

I definitely cull my TBR! Usually every couple of months, otherwise I know I’ll never get round to reading them and that makes me feel bad, so I suppose it’s for the best.